Practicefirst, a medical management solutions company providing data services to health care providers, has reported a data breach that may have affected over 1.2 million individuals. Practicefirst offers billing and coding services to health care providers such as hospitals, doctors’ offices, and laboratories.
According to the breach notice, the company learned of the cyber attack on December 30, 2021, when an unauthorized party attempted to install ransomware into the company’s systems and copy patient and employee data.
An investigation revealed that highly sensitive information was copied by the hacker including identifying data like:
• Date of birth
• Email Address
• Driver’s license number
• Social Security number
And health information such as:
• Laboratory, treatment, and medication information
• Patient Identification number
• Health insurance and claims information
And financial and employment data including:
• Tax Identification number
• Bank account and credit or debit card information
• Employee username, password, security questions and answers
The law firm of CaseyGerry is investigating this data breach. We encourage individuals who have received notice of the breach, and have suffered damages, to contact our attorneys at (619) 238-1811 or (800) 292-5865.